UIC NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program
UIC NASPA (National Association of Student Personnel Administrators) Undergraduate Fellows Program is a semi-structured mentoring program and cohort experience for undergraduate students that are interested in or looking to explore the field of student affairs.
The mission of the program is to increase the number of historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals in student affairs and/or higher education, including but not limited to those of racial and ethnic-minority background; those having a disability; and those identifying as LGBTQIA.
Learn more about NUFP at https://www.naspa.org/division/naspa-undergraduate-fellows-program-nufp.
About UIC NUFP Heading link
UIC has supported many NUFP fellows and hosted the Dungy Leadership Institute in 2018. DLI is held annually on various college campuses and offers more than 30 NUFP Fellows the unique opportunity to network with their peers and current student affairs administrators serving as institute faculty.
2023 is the first year that the fellowship program has been supported institutionally by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Get 1:1 mentorship from a professional staff member.
- Attend monthly cohort based professional development workshops.
- Build your network.
- Prepare for graduate school applications and much more.
For questions regarding UIC NUFP, please contact Rae Joyce Baguilat at email@example.com.
Current UIC NUFP Fellows & Mentors Heading link
|Diana Kuzmyn (she/her)||Eric Pegues (he/him) | Interim Assistant Dean of Students|
|Lesley Pasillas (she/her)||Nehemiah Chung (he/him) | Director, Student Transitions and Engagement & Commuter Student Advocacy|
|Jonathan Reyes (he/him/el)||Dominic Belcaster (he/him) | Assistant Director, Communications & Marketing Technology, Strategic Recruitment & Outreach|
|Matthew Carreon (he/him)||Viraj Patel (she/her) | Director, Asian American Student Academic Program|
|Parrama Chouhan (he/him)||Brandon Ishikata (he/him) | Honors Advisor & Program Specialist, Honors College|
Advisory Board Heading link
- Rae Joyce Baguilat (she/her), Coordinator & NASPA Liaison | Director, Student Leadership & Civic Engagement
- Parrama Chouhan (he/him), Communications Coordinator | NUFP Fellow
- Nehemiah Chung (he/him) | Director, Student Transitions and Engagement & Commuter Student Advocacy
- Dominic Belcaster (he/him) | Assistant Director, Communications & Marketing Technology, Strategic Recruitment & Outreach
- Allen Womble (he/him) | Director, High Impact Student Engagement & Interim Director, Center for Student Involvement
Testimonials Heading link
“I aspire to be a dynamic student affairs professional creating more opportunities for international students and people of color. If you like helping other students on your campus and value the connections you make with them, consider being a NUFP Fellow. The fellowship provides you with a unique insight into student affairs as a profession and allows you to network with distinct professionals.”NASPA Undergraduate Fellow 2022-24|
“Being a NUFP Mentor has been one of the most professionally rewarding experiences I have had at UIC (shoutout to my AMAZING mentee Parrama!). As a NUFP alumnus and someone who has been instilled strong Asian American values, my mentors/elders have stressed the significance of giving back to students. I am proud to help pave it forward for Parrama/other UIC undergrads to help them find their own passions, values, and “whys” in the higher education/student affairs profession.”NUFP Mentor 2022-24|
M/NUFP Alumni at UIC Heading link
- Alejandro Ríos (he/him), Area Coordinator, Campus Housing
- Allen Womble, Director (he/him), High Impact Student Engagement & Interim Director, Center for Student Involvement
- Brandon Ishikata (he/him), Honors Advisor & Program Specialist, Honors College
- Dominic Belcaster (he/him), Assistant Director, Communications & Marketing Technology, Strategic Recruitment & Outreach
- Jovani Myers (she/her), Director of Facilities, Campus Housing
- Joy Vergara (she/her), Assistant Vice Chancellor, Student Engagement
- Tiffany Gonzalez (she/her), Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
- Viraj Patel (she/her), Director, Asian American Student Academic Program