Commuter and Off-Campus Life
Information on the Commuter Student Resource Center
Starting Monday August 23rd, the Commuter Student Resource Center in suite 245 Student Center East will be open from 7:30AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Fridays. (This is subject to adjustment based on student usage.)
Commuter Ambassadors will also be available to remotely monitor the phone and respond to emails while serving as a resource during our regular hours of operation.
Six computers in the multipurpose room will be available for ACCC-supported printing.
While in Covid19-Phase 4, individual and staff meetings will occur in a virtual format.
procedures and policies
- The Commuter Student Resource Center (CSRC) will continue its mission of providing a combination of facility amenities, resources, services, and programs that support the success of students who commute.
- All staff and students entering and using the Commuter Student Resource Center will be required to wear a mask, practice physical distancing as well as swipe their i-Card upon arrival.
- The main lounge space, the multipurpose room, and the designated quiet room will all be available with reduced seating that is spaced to promote physical distancing guidelines. A minimum of three staff members (student and professional) will be onsite to serve as a resource and to actively support the regular cleaning of surfaces throughout the space.
- Email and phones will continue to be monitored.
- Commuter Ambassadors will also be available to remotely monitor the phone and respond to emails while serving as a resource from 8:30 am – to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Five computers in the multipurpose room will be available for ACCC-supported printing.
- Free semester and weekly lockers will return and be available for individual student use beginning on Monday, August 23rd. Visit: https://csrc.uic.edu/commuter-programs/lockers/ for more information on how to reserve a locker.
- The kitchenette containing microwaves, refrigerators, a freezer, and sink will re-open for student use beginning on Monday, August 23rd. Staff members will be onsite to serve as a resource and to actively maintain a clean space for students throughout the day. In an effort to maintain physical distancing guidelines, seating has been removed from the kitchenette area.
The Commuter Dash will take place from August 20-28. The Commuter Dash is a virtual and in-person scavenger hunt for new commuting students. Complete tasks, attend events, and explore UIC! Earn points to win prizes and meet other off-campus students. To join the Dash visit: https://www.scavify.com/h/ad7999/uic-commuter-dash
Community-building events and programs will be offered virtually or in a hybrid format. Please visit https://csrc.uic.edu/commuter-programs/programs-and-events/ for our upcoming events this semester.
Staff members will serve as a resource for the off-campus housing platform and can respond to questions about searching for off-campus housing as well as tenant rights.